Andrew Fraser, Sales Director of Distinctive Systems, explains to Jade Smith how the company’s award-winning software helps make coach and tour operators’ lives easier
Distinctive Systems at a glance
The respected firm has three main systems, which offer features for the road passenger transport industry. All three systems integrate where appropriate. Here’s a brief outline:
- Coach Manager is the company’s private hire and contract booking system. It manages quotations, bookings, invoices and payments.
- Tour Booking System is for operators that offer tours and excursions. It handles back-office and online reservations, enabling operators to book individuals on certain trips and manage pick-ups, for example.
- Vehicle Maintenance System deals with maintenance planning and workshop management. It talks to Coach Manager, so an operator can see when a vehicle is off the road to plan maintenance.
York-based Distinctive Systems is a software company that primarily develops management systems for coach and tour operators. The family-owned business was founded in 1982 through Mike Whitehead, Distinctive Systems’ Managing Director, developing a programme for his father’s coach business that became Coach Manager. […]
By subscribing you will benefit from:
- Operator & Supplier Profiles
- Face-to-Face Interviews
- Lastest News
- Test Drives and Reviews
- Legal Updates
- Route Focus
- Industry Insider Opinions
- Passenger Perspective
- Vehicle Launches
- and much more!