Operator makes nine sales over the course of the two days, with significant interest shown throughout the event
Minis to Midis has told CBW of its success at this year’s NEC show, Coach & Bus UK, which took place from October 4-5.
The dealer had its largest ever floor space this year, with its largest number of vehicles ever exhibited – seven inside and one outside.
Paul Gardner of Minis to Midis explained: “We sold a total of seven new coaches and two used coaches over the course of the show. WOW Scotland Tours bought a Turas 700 28-seater variant within 15 minutes. A Turas 700 33-seater was also sold on day one of the show, with delivery set for March 2018.
“The outside Turas 900 stock exhibit sold with its sister vehicle back at the depot on day one of the show and will be delivered this month. Two used Plaxton Cheetahs were also sold on day one of the show and will be delivered in November.
“A Turas 900V was sold on day two from stock for delivery in October. Two Turas 900s were sold on day two – a repeat order from last year with delivery expected March 2018.
“We had a huge level of footfall and our seven sales staff and three hospitality staff were overrun at times. We still had customers on the stand on the stand breakdown on day two.
“We have since produced around a dozen quotations in the days after the show and must plan two factory visits based on show enquiries. We would envisage another half a dozen orders in the coming week or two on the back of the show – this being a mix of new and used enquiries made on the stand.”
The full line-up displayed included:
- Turas 900 37-seater in executive specification for Tony Doyle of Ireland;
- Turas 900V 33-seater for Johnson Brothers of Worksop;
- Turas 700 33-seater for Ridleys Coaches of Kenilworth;
- Turas 700 29-seater for Kerry Coaches of Ireland. This coach had real leather on the new option of Kiel seats;
- Turas 600s 25-seater for Whites of St Albans, finished with carbon fibre effect trim and Ultraleather on the seats – the first example of Ultraleather on the Turas range;
- A stock Turas 600s 21-seater plus two double tables;
- Turas 500 16-seater with four tables for Acklams of East Yorkshire; and
- Turas 900 33-seater with real leather Kiel seats (displayed outside).
The company had expected to also exhibit an Otokar Navigo T coach on the stand, but the stock had not arrived in time for the event. However, three stock units are now available in white, and additional stock vehicles are expected in late October for deliveries commencing in November.