Two days of strike action by staff at Go-Ahead-owned Oxford Bus Company have been suspended, the Oxford Mail reported.
Drivers and staff were set to walk out on March 17 and March 24 in an ongoing dispute over pay and lieu days for bank holidays over the Christmas period. It would have followed strikes on March 2 and March 6.
The operator said the strike action has been suspended after ‘positive talks’ with trade union Unite.
Phil Southall, MD of Oxford Bus Company, said: “We’re pleased to announce that, following several talks with Unite and ACAS this week, Unite has agreed to suspend its planned strikes.
“This is great news for our customers, and we apologise for any inconvenience that has been experienced to date.
“With the threat of strike action now removed, Unite and our management team can resume talks and I am optimistic that we will be able to reach a way forward soon.”
Marie Hall, Regional Officer for Unite, said: “We’re happy to say that positive talks have taken place between Oxford Bus Company management and Unite over the last few days.
“In order to create an environment for talks to resume, we’ve suspended the strike action previously announced.
“We are confident that we can now get back around the table and make some progress.”