The announcement that Oxford Bus Company’s X90 Oxford to London service is to be withdrawn on January 4 2020 leaves the Oxford Tube as the sole coach service provider on this popular corridor
Oxford Tube has announced a significantly improved timetable with increased frequency and a brand-new express service to Baker Street from Monday 6 January 2020.
The changes will amount to an additional 13,446 seats between Oxford and London each week, while fares will remain the same.
Following changes to the access of London to Oxford coach services from the New Year and the withdrawal of Oxford Bus Company’s X90 service, Stagecoach in Oxfordshire which operates the Oxford Tube has reviewed its service and announced the introduction of changes that it claims will benefit its existing passengers, while offering new customers a reliable and accessible service into the capital, and back again.
Key changes to the timetable are:
- 17% increase in number of journeys each week;
- An extended 10-minute operating frequency Monday to Friday in peaks;
- Up to eight-minute frequency on Saturdays, compared to 12-minute previously;
- Up to 12-minute frequency on Sundays, compared to 15-minute previously;
- Introduction of 12 Express journeys in each direction (Monday to Friday) that will run as an Express between Thornhill Park & Ride and Baker Street, stopping only at the request of passengers at White City (in both directions);
- Customers can use both routes on the same ticket, so they can travel to Baker Street and return to Oxford from Marble Arch or Notting Hill Gate.
The Oxford Tube service will continue to run 24 hours day with fares remaining unchanged.
Chris Coleman, Managing Director of the Oxford Tube, said: “Following the recent changes to the availability of London to Oxford services we have recognised that frequency is a key priority for passengers looking to travel between the county and capital. This has been a significant factor in our considerations and has informed the changes we’ve made.
“We‘re delighted to provide our existing customers, and new ones, with more departure choices, increased frequency and a greater degree of flexibility. We provide great value for money for people wishing to travel to London and look forward to welcoming new passengers in the New Year as more people choose to travel with Oxford Tube.”