The CBW team has contacted operators across the coach and bus industry to find out how coronavirus has affected their business. James Day compiles the responses
With the COVID-19 outbreak now dominating all aspects of modern life, CBW asked a number of operators in the industry how it has been affecting their business. The following questions were asked:
- What impact has the COVID-19 outbreak had on your business?
- What health and financial precautions are you taking?
- How can the government and transport authorities best support your business to mitigate the impact of the outbreak?
- Do you think the measures announced in the Budget are sufficient?
The questions were initially sent out on Friday, 13 March, with the responses we’ve received listed below. However, since that time the situation has changed so rapidly that many of the responses felt outdated long before this issue went to press and the magazine would arrive with readers. With this in mind, I’ve noted the date each of the responses was received, which provides a quite dramatic snapshot of how rapidly the situation has deteriorated.
If you’re an operator and would like to add your voice to the responses the industry has made, we may continue to publish the industry’s experiences in future magazines. Send in your comments to [email protected].
By subscribing you will benefit from:
- Operator & Supplier Profiles
- Face-to-Face Interviews
- Latest News
- Test Drives and Reviews
- Legal Updates
- Route Focus
- Industry Insider Opinions
- Passenger Perspective
- Vehicle Launches
- and much more!