Stagecoach has appointed two new managing directors for regional companies in its UK Bus division, following a structural change in its North-West of England region.
The former Stagecoach North Westoperations will now form part of two new regional companies: Cumbria and North Lancashire, and Merseyside and South Lancashire.
Elisabeth Tasker, currently operations director with Stagecoach Manchester, will become managing director of Stagecoach Merseyside and South Lancashire from September 1. She will have responsibility for depots in Liverpool, Preston and Chorley.
Nigel Winter has been promoted from operations director for Stagecoach North East, to managing director Stagecoach Cumbria and North Lancashire, with responsibility for the Carlisle, West Cumbria, Kendal, Barrow and Lancaster depots. He will also take up his new role from the start of September.
Stagecoach also confirmed the following positions:
- Paul Southgate, formerly managing director Stagecoach North West, will become commercial manager of Stagecoach UK Bus;
- Les Burton, operations director, Stagecoach Merseyside, will become operations director at Stagecoach Merseyside and South Lancashire and;
- Paul Lee will continue as engineering director for both of the Stagecoach companies in the North West.
Following the new managing director appointments, Stagecoach will be seeking applications for the following three positions:
- Operations director, Stagecoach Manchester, covering depots at Hyde Road, Sharston, Stockport and Ashton;
- Operations director, Stagecoach North East, with responsibility for depots at Walkergate, Slatyford, South Shields, Sunderland, Stockton and Hartlepool; and
- Operations director, Stagecoach Cumbria and North Lancashire, covering the Carlisle, West Cumbria, Kendal, Barrow and Lancaster depots.