The Transport Committee (TC) membership for the 2017 Parliament has been agreed by the House.
The committee will be chaired by Lillian Greenwood (Labour, Nottingham South), and members were elected by a secret ballot of all MPs in July 2017, prior to the summer recess. The members of committees are then selected by their parties through an internal ballot, for agreement by the House.
Other members on the committee are:
- Ronnie Cowan MP (Scottish National Party, Inverclyde);
- Steve Double MP (Conservative, St Austell and Newquay);
- Paul Girvan MP (Democratic Unionist Party, South Antrim);
- Huw Merriman MP (Conservative, Bexhill and Battle);
- Luke Pollard MP (Labour, Plymouth, Sutton and Devonport);
- Laura Smith MP (Labour, Crewe and Nantwich);
- Iain Stewart MP (Conservative, Milton Keynes South);
- Graham Stringer MP (Labour, Blackley and Broughton);
- Martin Vickers MP (Conservative, Cleethorpes); and
- Daniel Zeichner MP (Labour, Cambridge)
According to the TC, the allocation of chairs and the membership of select committees broadly reflects the balance of political parties in the House.